BookishBrina

Bookish Brina

Just a girl with an obsession...

Not specific to one genre, I'll read YA, Romance, Mystery, Fantasy, etc.  I also love Twilight fanfic!

Time After Time by Wendy Godding

Time After Time - Wendy Godding

** I received this book through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review**

Per Author-  “Abbie Harper dies just before her eighteenth birthday. It has happened before, more times than she can remember — and always at the hands of the same man. Her dreams are plagued with past lives, cut short.

But this latest dream feels different. Her past life as Penelope Broadhurst — an English pastor’s daughter in 1806 — keeps bleeding into her present life in ways both sinister and familiar. As Penelope meets and falls in love with the dashing Heath Lockwood, so too does Abbie meet the brothers Marcus and Rem Knight. One wants to love her; the other to kill her.

Time is running out for Penelope, but as Abbie mourns her inability to change the past, she chases the slim chance to save her future. To survive, she must solve the puzzle of an ancient love story…and Penelope just might be able to help.”

I was pleasantly surprised with Time After Time.  Abbie is a strong girl, much stronger than I would be if someone were trying to kill me, especially after re-living my past murders at night while asleep.  When at work, I was anxious for breaks so I could read a little more, and stayed up way too late one night to finish.   I was surprised by the ending and the things Abbie discovers about herself.  Definitely worth reading, and I really hope to see more from Wendy Godding!  A book about the Broadhurst family without Penelope would be really interesting, hint, hint….