BookishBrina

Bookish Brina

Just a girl with an obsession...

Not specific to one genre, I'll read YA, Romance, Mystery, Fantasy, etc.  I also love Twilight fanfic!

The Moment We Began by Sarra Cannon

The Moment We Began - Sarra Cannon

**I received this book through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. **

Penny is the girl who has everything.  She comes from a very wealthy family, she’s beautiful, and has a great best friend.  But these things aren’t enough for her.  She’s missing one thing- the heart of her brother’s best friend, Mason.    She’s been in love with him for as long as she can remember.  Sure, he’s attracted to her.  They’ve been sleeping together for a while now.  But he’s made it clear that she’s not the only one he’s with.  He’s not interested in anything but the pleasure her body can give.

But in one night, everything changes.  The consequences of their arrangement come crashing down; forcing her to make a risky decision.  When he runs, will she go with him?

This book was frustrating. Penny acts like a spoiled little girl; her decisions are not that of the mature young woman she is supposed to be.  She supposedly discovers that is she is stronger than she realized, but her actions do not back this up.  I had a difficult time connecting with her.  As for Mason; I’m all for the bad boy turned good.  But some of his actions aren’t really redeemable in my opinion.  Things were wrapped up a little too easily and quickly.

I want to mention that this story was well written.  It’s sad to have to point it out, but in the world of poorly edited books it’s a nice change to not have to stumble across misspelled words and poor grammar.

All in all, not my favorite book but not a bad read as long as you don’t dissect too much.