BookishBrina

Bookish Brina

Just a girl with an obsession...

Not specific to one genre, I'll read YA, Romance, Mystery, Fantasy, etc.  I also love Twilight fanfic!

Donners of the Dead by Karina Halle

Donners of the Dead - Karina Halle

Everyone who knows me knows that I am obsessed with anything by Karina Halle, and Donners of the Dead is no exception.  This book has everything- a main character who is very likable, a love interest that is rugged and manly and sexy as hell, and horrifying zombies!

Eve doesn't seem to fit in anywhere, her father was a Native American, and as was common in the 1850’s, she isn’t accepted for her mixed heritage, not even by the uncle who takes care of her.  When offered to help a strange group of men track a man who went missing while searching for the Donner party, she hesitantly agrees.  Cue horrifying events and total hotness in the name of Jake.

Although I didn't find this quite as scary as several of Karina’s EIT books, I was finding myself biting my nails the entire time. I didn't give it a total 5 starts just because there weren't many sexy times and it could have been a little longer.

As always, Karina Halle has me amazed.  I would probably even read her grocery list with full attention.

My Eve and Jake: